National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation
YM28 and FM120 Modernization Project
On March 10, 2017, National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation (National Fuel), a subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company, filed an application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) at Docket Number CP17-74-000 for an order permitting and approving construction of the YM28 and FM120 Modernization Project in Cameron, Elk, and McKean Counties, Pennsylvania. The primary purpose of the YM28 and FM120 Modernization Project is to replace National Fuel’s existing YM28 (1940s vintage) pipeline infrastructure and portions of National Fuel’s existing FM120 (1950s vintage) pipeline infrastructure to enhance the reliability and safety of the National Fuel system for distribution markets, storage, local production and transportation services.
The proposed project will consist of the following:
- Installation of approximately 14.4 miles of 12-inch-diameter coated steel pipeline as a replacement of YM28, to be designated Line KL upon being placed in service, within existing and new rights-of-way in Wetmore, Sergeant and Hamlin Townships, McKean County;
- Installation via insertion of 6-inch 1500 FlexSteel pipe into the existing 12 inch FM120 pipeline for approximately 5.8 miles in Sergeant Township, McKean County, and Jones Township, Elk County;
- Abandonment in-place of approximately 7.7 miles of YM28 in Sergeant and Hamlin Townships, McKean County;
- Conversion of approximately 12.5-miles of National Fuel's existing Line FM120 to inactive status for possible future use in the City of St. Marys and Jones Township, Elk County, and Shippen Township, Cameron County;
- Construction of a new interconnect in Sergeant Township, McKean County; and
- Installation of miscellaneous valve and piping modifications along the pipeline routes.
Project timeline to date:
||Began landowner notification and survey permission
|September - October 2016
||Began survey, environmental and engineering studies
|September 20, 2016
||Conducted project awareness meeting with potentially impacted landowners
|March 10, 2017
||Submitted 7(b) and 7(c) application to FERC
Project timeline (proposed):
|March – December 2017
||Right of way acquisition; continue environmental and engineering studies
||Anticipate FERC approval; Begin timber clearing and site activities
||Target in-service date
A project meeting was held on September 20, 2016, at the location below, in order to provide information on the project and how it may affect property owners and others in the area.
DATE & TIME
|Tuesday, September 20, 2016
|Mt. Jewett American Legion
||61 East Main Street
Mt. Jewett, PA 16740
Click Here to view a copy of the PowerPoint presentation that was given at the meeting above.
Information about landowners' rights and ways to become involved in this process can be found on FERC's website: http://www.ferc.gov/for-citizens/get-involved.asp.
National Fuel's commitment to landowners is taken seriously. To address any issues or concerns that landowners may have, National Fuel has appointed an ombudsman specifically for this project. Please see the ombudsman contact information below.
Jeannine M. Bacher
PO Box 2081
Erie, PA 16512-2081
In order to access National Fuel's FERC filings, please visit www.FERC.gov and complete the following steps:
- Click on "eLibrary" near the upper right-hand corner.
- Under "Search Options," click on "General Search".
- Switch the "Date Range" to "All" and type in "blank" in the box that asks for the "Docket Number."
- Click "Submit".
A copy of the FERC application for the YM28 and FM120 Modernization Project can also be viewed at the following Public Libraries:
Friends Memorial Library
230 Chase Street
Kane, PA 16735
Bradford Area Library
67 W. Washington Street
Bradford, PA 16701
Hamlin Memorial Library
123 S. Mechanic Street
Smethport, PA 16749
Mt. Jewett Memorial Library
7 E. Main Street
Mt. Jewett, PA 16740
Wilcox Public Library
105 Clarion Street
Wilcox, PA 15870
St. Mary’s Public Library
127 Center Street
St. Mary’s, PA 15857
Barbara M. Brown Memorial Library
27 W. 4th Street
Emporium, PA 15834