National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation
Line N West Side Expansion and Modernization Project
On February 6, 2014, National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation (National Fuel), a subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company, filed an application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) at Docket Number CP14-70-000 for an order permitting and approving construction of the Line N West Side Expansion and Modernization Project in Washington, Allegheny, Beaver, Venango and Mercer Counties, Pennsylvania. The primary purposes of the West Side Expansion and Modernization Project are to (1) increase the capacity of National Fuel's Line N pipeline system to enable the transportation of additional natural gas produced in western Pennsylvania; and (2) to improve the integrity and reliability of National Fuel's Line N pipeline system.
The proposed project will consist of the following:
- The installation of approximately 23-miles of 24-inch pipeline that will generally parallel National Fuel's existing 20-inch Line N from Mt. Pleasant Township in Washington, PA, to Independence Township in Beaver County, PA.
- The installation of approximately 3,550 horsepower of compression via the construction of one additional compression unit at National Fuel's Mercer Compressor Station in Mercer County, PA.
- The installation of miscellaneous valve and piping modifications at National Fuel's existing Henderson Compressor Station in Venango County, PA.
- The conversion of approximately 23-miles of National Fuel's existing Line N to inactive status for possible future use.
National Fuel began timber clearing in March 2015, construction in April 2015 and placed the pipeline in service in October 2015. Remaining restoration activities will resume in the Spring of 2016.
||Began landowner notification and survey permission
|June 13, 2013
||Held open house meeting for stakeholders
||Began survey, environmental and engineering studies
|February 6, 2014
||Submitted 7(c) application to FERC
||Began right-of-way acquisition
|March 2, 2015
||Received FERC approval
||Began timber clearing activities
||Began facility construction
||Facilities in service, restoration, cleanup
||Remaining restoration; monitor crop yields
A project meeting was held on June 13, 2013, at the location below, in order to provide information on the project and how it may affect property owners and others in the area.
DATE & TIME
|Tuesday, June 13, 2013
|Midway Volunteer Fire Department
||99 St. John Street
Midway, PA 15060
Click Here to view a copy of the PowerPoint presentation that was given at the meeting above.
Information about landowners' rights and ways to become involved in this process can be found on FERC's website: http://www.ferc.gov/for-citizens/get-involved.asp.
National Fuel's commitment to landowners is taken seriously. To address any issues or concerns that landowners may have, National Fuel has appointed an ombudsman specifically for this project. Please see the ombudsman contact information below.
Jeannine M. Bacher
PO Box 2081
Erie, PA 16512-2081
In order to access National Fuel's FERC filings, please visit www.FERC.gov and complete the following steps:
- Click on eLibrary in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under "Search Options," click on "General Search."
- Switch the "Date Range" to "All" and type in "CP14-70" in the box that asks for the "Docket Number."
A copy of the FERC application for the Line N West Side Expansion and Modernization Project can also be viewed at the following Public Libraries:
Burgettstown Community Library
2 Kerr Street
Burgettstown, PA 15021
B.F. Jones Memorial Library
663 Franklin Avenue
Aliquippa, PA 15001
Mercer Area Library
110 E. Venango Street
Mercer, PA 16137